Potential to transform
In its fullest sense Programmatic Print goes a significant step further than programmatic mail. It brings into play the full gamut of promotional print beyond direct mail: brochures, catalogues, magalogues, customer magazines, brand books, customer newsletters, and so on. All produced in real time and delivered to the consumer in a 48-hour window.
For you, the PSP, Programmatic Print has clear potential to transform how you win and process work, because the marketing automation platform is ‘selling’ for you, pushing individual jobs directly into your automated digital print workflow. Sounds appealing, right?
If you have automated workflows and production in place — maybe you produce a lot of transactional print — you can already see the shape of your own Programmatic Print solution.
Marketing automation software is inherently designed for seamless integration, so while it’s not exactly a ‘plug and play’ scenario’ it’s very feasible to build onto your digital print production workflow.
Your next step is to investigate the situation with your own customers. For example, ask:
- Do they have a CRM system?
- If they do, what are they using it for?
- If they’re gathering customer information, are they making the best use of it?
- Have they invested in marketing automation? If so, what solutions do they have?
You also need to ask questions of yourself:
- How ready are we to make a move into Programmatic Print? Are our current systems automated enough?
- If not, what steps do we need to take to be ready?
- Which of our customers are most suited to adopting a Programmatic Printing approach?