WPS Connection Method
Before we start, there are some conditions that must be met in order to use the WPS push button method:
- The access point must have a physical WPS push button available. Please check with your device’s user guide for details.
If the WPS push button is not available please use the instructions on the Standard Connection Method section.
- Your network must be using the WPA (Wi-Fi Protected Access) or WPA2 security protocol. Most WPS enabled access points use this protocol
- Make sure that the printer is turned on.
- Press and hold the [Wi-Fi ] button on the top of the printer until the white power lamp flashes once and then release it.
- Make sure that the Wi-Fi button starts to flash blue and then go to your access point and press the [WPS] button within 2 minutes.
For exact details regarding pressing the WPS button, please refer to the access point manual.
The blue Wi-Fi lamp on the printer will continue ﬂash while searching for, or connecting to the access point. During the setup the white power lamp will also start to flash. When the printer has successfully made a connection to your wireless network, the blue and white lamps will stop flashing and remain lit.
Network settings confirmation
To confirm that your printer is successfully connected to your wireless network, you can print out the network settings of your printer if you wish:
- Make sure that your printer is turned on.
- Load a sheet of A4 or Letter-sized plain paper.
- Press and hold the [Resume/Cancel ] button until the white power lamp flashes 6 times, and then release it. The network information page will be printed.
When referring to the printout, check that the “Connection” indicates “Active” and that the SSID -Service Set Identifier (or the name of your wireless network) indicates the correct name of your wireless network.
This concludes the WPS setup procedure.
Please now proceed by installing the software to make the most out of your PIXMA Pro-100S.
If you do not have the installation CD that came with your product, please download the manuals and software.
If the wireless setup is still failing after following this guide, please contact us for further assistance.