COVID-19 Safety Measures & Guidelines
Canon Customer Experience Centre – London
The safety of our employees, visitors and their families remain Canons’ overriding priority. That’s why we’re following government advice and working responsibly at the London Customer Experience Centre (CEC) with necessary measures in place to prevent the spread of COVID-19 and to reduce any risk of exposure to our employees and visitors.
Please read the updated health and safety practices and social distancing measures below which are absolute and monitored and controlled by the Showroom team who will provide guidance if necessary.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the Showroom team: email email@example.com or call 0844 892 0801.
If any visitor is displaying COVID-19 symptoms, they MUST NOT visit the CEC.
Thank you for your understanding and participation in aiding these precautionary measures.
- We have enhanced cleaning measures of all areas frequented during your visit including all surfaces are regularly cleaned and sanitised.
COVID-19 Screening & Contact Tracing
- Every visitor must complete a mandatory COVID-19 screening questionnaire emailed to them the day prior to their visit, and return it to firstname.lastname@example.org no earlier than 24 hours prior to each visit. The questionnaire will determine the permission or denial of access to our site.
- Contact details provided on the questionnaire will also be used for contact tracing purposes and to ensure visitors are pre-registered with the ground floor reception desk.
- The data provided will be no longer held once 14 days have passed from when we receive the completed form. https://www.canon.co.uk/privacy-policy/business/
- Appointments are available Tuesday to Friday only with one morning and one afternoon time slot available each day. 12-1pm each day is not available to enable necessary cleaning measures to take place between appointments.
- Visitors are asked to arrive on time, but no earlier than the stated start time.
- For demonstrations, Canon and/or Partner demonstration representatives are permitted to arrive at a pre-agreed time earlier than the stated demonstration start time to allow for adequate preparations to be carried out.
Arrival at the CEC
- Our address is Canon (UK) Ltd, 1st floor, 20, Farringdon Street, London, EC4A 4BL.
- Upon arrival to 20 Farringdon Street, visitors are asked to provide their name to the reception desk staff on the ground floor.
- Visitors will then be advised which lift will take them to the first floor (Canon). Visitors will not be required to press any button to call the lift or once in the lift as this is done automatically from the reception desk. Alternatively, visitors can use the stairs accessible from reception.
- Upon arriving to the Canon floor, visitors are asked to sanitise their hands before proceeding into the CEC (further details are provided on hand sanitising/washing in this document).
Face Coverings (aka Masks)
- As an extra level of protection and mandatory in the CEC, visitors are required to wear a face covering upon arrival to the Canon floor and throughout their visit.
- Visitors are asked to bring their own face covering if possible. Disposable face coverings are available if visitors don’t have a face covering available.
- If anyone has a valid reason for not being able to wear a face covering, we ask them to contact the Showroom team by email (email@example.com) prior to their visit.
- If visitors find wearing face coverings uncomfortable, we encourage breaks to be taken during their appointment to go outside of the building where they can remove their face covering for a time before re-entering the building and putting their face covering back on again.
- We appreciate face coverings can be removed for a short time when taking mouthfuls of drinks, however they must be put back on in between mouthfuls.
- Always keep a safe distance of at least 2m inside the building.
- We have maximum people capacities permitted for demonstrations, meetings and events which must be adhered to without any exceptions.
- The Showroom team will control social distancing and provide guidance if necessary.
- Visitors must only access specified areas such as demonstration zones, meeting rooms and toilets and not wander freely around the Canon floor or the rest of the building.
- Visitors can advise the Showroom team upon arrival to the Canon floor if they are visiting with other people from the same bubble/household and therefore are not distancing between themselves.
- We have put measures in place to reduce the number of touch points and risk of transmission which are explained in various sections in this document.
- In relation to this, visitors are asked not to touch the products or any related technology (e.g. iPads, PCs, keyboards, mouses) used in the CEC. Only the Showroom team and other pre-authorised demonstrators are permitted to touch (and clean) these items.
- For demonstrations, print samples will be printed on demand just before or during a demonstration. Samples will be collected from the printer (e.g. output tray) by one individual at a time and either taken away from site by the same individual or disposed of in the recycling bins.
- Visitors are reminded to avoid touching their face and to cough or sneeze into the crease of your elbow or into a tissue of which are amply provided in the CEC.
- Visitors are encouraged to sanitise or wash their hands upon arrival to the CEC and periodically throughout their visit using the hand sanitiser available and hand washing facilities in the toilets.
- The coffee bar or pantry are not permitted for hand washing.
- If washing hands, wash them for at least 20 seconds.
- Disposable (latex-free) gloves are available, but optional. We encourage visitors to focus on sanitising and washing hands regularly instead of using gloves.
- Hot and cold drink refreshments are available. If visitors would like a drink, the Showroom team will take drinks orders and make drinks using our safe drink making process. We are using disposable paper cups for hot drinks and individual recycled plastic water bottles. We use cutlery only when drinks are served.
- Food refreshments are not permitted in the CEC. There are eatery options available near the CEC.
- Toilets are available and are single occupancy only.
- Visitors are asked to use and adhere to signage in place on the toilet doors to distinguish whether a toilet is vacant or occupied.
- We ask visitors to use the hand sanitiser before entering the toilets and when returning.
- Grey bins are used for recyclables (this includes any paper, the used paper cups and water bottles).
- Yellow bins are used for disposable masks and gloves only.
- All meeting rooms are equipped with seating as per social distancing guidelines.
- For demonstrations, it is assumed visitors will stand during their demonstration. However, we appreciate demonstrations can last a few hours, so if required, seating can be made available by a member of the Showroom team.
- If visitors choose to drive to their appointment, we don’t have allocated parking at our building, so recommend the following car parks local to our site:
- Saffron Hill Car Park, Saffron Hill, St Cross Street, London, EC1N 8XA.
- Smithfield Car Park, Farringdon, London EC1A 9DS.