i-SENSYS MF5940dn & i-SENSYS MF5980dw - Latest firmware update
Canon has issued a product advisory statement for multifunctional device models i-SENSYS MF5940dn and i-SENSYS MF5980dw manufactured and sold since September 2011. An intermittent software problem has been discovered relating to the fax functionality of these multifunctional devices.
In rare cases, the intended recipient of a fax may be altered when using the one-touch dial key on the device’s control panel.
Affected Products & Versions
PANEL version: 02.49 or earlier
(The problem has been addressed with Panel version 02.50 or later) How to check the PANEL version
1. Push [Report] key on the control panel of the device.
2. Select “Print Reports” and push [OK] key.
3. Select “User Data List” and push [OK] key.
4. Push [OK] key.
5. Select “Yes” with left arrow key and push [OK] key.
6. Confirm the version of Panel of User Data List.
A firmware update has been developed to correct this problem - available via the links below.
Click here to view all applicable models Click here to close the applicable models list
Did this article answer your question?
Back to FAQ List