Be Sure to Check Before Setting
The setup of the computer and wireless LAN or access point must be completed.
If it is not set up, you will not be able to use the machine on the wired LAN network.
For the details, refer to the instruction manual for your network device or contact its manufacturer.
Precautions when connecting to a wireless LAN
- The structure of your computer or networked device, the existence of router functions, setting methods and security settings vary depending on your environment.
- You can connect the machine to wireless LANs or wired LANs, but you cannot use both at the same time.When using a wireless LAN connection, do not connect a LAN cable to the machine. This may cause malfunctions.
- If using the machine in your office, consult with your network administrator.
Switching the Connection Method to Wireless LAN
Switch the connection method to either wireless LAN or wired LAN according to your environments and devices.
The default setting is "Wired LAN."
Restart the machine after you switch its connection method in order to activate the setting.
1. Press [ ] (Menu).
2. Select <Network Settings> with [ ] or [ ], and then press [OK].
- When the system manager ID and system manager PIN are specified
Use the numeric keys to enter the ID and number, and then press [
] (Log In/Out).
The next screen is displayed for approximately 5 seconds.
Turn OFF/ON using Step 5. Turning this OFF/ON is not required.
3. When you need to switch, select <Select Wired/Wireless LAN> using [ ] or [ ], and then press [OK].
<Wireless LAN Settings> is grayed out.
<Wireless LAN Settings> is not grayed out.
4. Select <Wireless LAN> using [ ] or [ ], and then press [OK].
5. Turns the machine OFF/ON when the following screen disappears.
It is necessary to turn the machine OFF/ON to activate the settings.
Turn OFF the machine and wait for at least 10 seconds before turning it back ON.
- When switched to wired LAN connection or wireless LAN connection
After you finish connecting the wireless LAN or wired LAN, uninstall the MF driver.
Once uninstallation is complete, reinstall the MF driver.
See the Starter Guide.
Selecting a Method for Setting the Wireless LAN
Two methods are provided for connecting to the wireless LAN or access point, connecting using WPS (Wi-Fi Protected Setup) function or connecting manually.
Select the appropriate setting method after checking the following functions on the wireless LAN or access point you are using.
When WPS button is placed
Checking WPS functions
- Check whether the box or body of the wireless LAN router or access points that you are using supports the WPS function.
As an example, a symbol such as shown below can be seen on the shipping box or machine.
- This supports WPS (Wi-Fi Protected Setup).
If you are not sure if WPS is supported, contact the wireless LAN router or access point manufacturer.
When WPS button is not placed
[ Setting the Wireless LAN Manually ]