You can save scanned data on the USB flash drive using the Operation Panel of the machine.
- Do not remove the USB flash drive from the machine under the following conditions:
- While scanning is in progress
- Before saving the scanned data
- For safety reasons, we recommend backing up the scanned data saved on a USB flash drive to another media periodically to avoid unexpected accidents.
- We assume no responsibility for damage to or loss of data for whatever reason even within the warranty period.
1. Make sure that the machine is turned on.
2. Press the SCAN button.
The screen to specify where to save the data is displayed.
- If PC scan standby is displayed on the LCD after you press the SCAN button, press the Menu button to display the screen for selecting to which you save the data.
3. Insert the USB flash drive into the Direct Print Port.
See [ Inserting the USB Flash Drive ] for how to insert the USB flash drive into the Direct Print Port.
4. Use the button to select USB flash drive, then press the OK button.
The Scan standby screen is displayed.
5. Press the Settings button to adjust the settings as necessary.
6. Load the original document on the Platen Glass or in the ADF.
7. Press the Color button for color scanning, or the Black button for black & white scanning.
- If you load the original in the ADF:
The machine starts scanning and scanned data is saved on the USB flash drive.
- If you load the original on the Platen Glass:
- When you select other than PDF or Compact PDF for Data format, the machine starts scanning and scanned data is saved on the USB flash drive.
- When you select PDF or Compact PDF for Data format, the confirmation screen asking you if you continue scanning is displayed after scanning is complete. Selecting Yes and pressing the OK button allow you to scan the originals continuously. Load the next document on the Platen Glass and start scanning. By selecting No and pressing the OK button, scanning is complete and the data is saved on the USB flash drive in one PDF file. When you scan the originals continuously, you can save up to 100 pages of images in one PDF file.
Remove the original on the Platen Glass or from the Document Output Slot after scanning is complete.
To remove the USB flash drive after scanning is complete, see [ Removing the USB Flash Drive ]
- If the USB flash drive becomes full while scanning images is in progress, only the images already scanned can be saved.
- You can save up to 2000 files of scanned data in both PDF and JPEG data format.
- The folder and file name of scanned data saved on the USB flash drive is as follows:
- Folder name: (file extension: PDF): CANON_SC\DOCUMENT\0001
- Folder name: (file extension: JPG): CANON_SC\IMAGE\0001
- File name: Running numbers, starting from SCN_0001
- File date: The date and time of saving as set in the machine. For information on how to set the date and time, refer to [ Setting the Date and Time
- Importing the Scanned Data Saved on a USB Flash Drive to the Computer
You can import the scanned data saved on a USB flash drive to the computer. After scanning the data, connect the USB flash drive to the computer, then import the data.